- To reach your greatest potential you’ll have to fight your greatest fears
Calorie Deficit For Weight Loss
If you’re just starting on your weight loss journey and have decided to take it upon yourself to do a little bit of research, then we can guarantee you will have come across the term ‘Calorie Deficit’. To put it simply, a calorie deficit is the process of consuming less calories than your body burns over a period of time. The correlation of calories consumed and burned is directly linked to weight gain, weight maintenance and creating a calorie deficit enables weight loss.
In order to understand how many calories you burn a day, you can use the Harris-Benedict Formula which allows you to calculate how many calories you burn a day based on your age, weight and height. This is known as the basic metabolic rate (BMR) calculation:
- For men: 66 + (6.2 x weight) + (12.7 x height) – (6.76 x age)
- For women: 655.1 + (4.35 x weight) + (4.7 x height) – (4.7 x age)
The results of the BMR calculation are then used to multiply against the average daily activity of the person. Points are awarded based on how active a person is:
- 1.2 points for a person who does little to no exercise
- 1.37 points for a slightly active person who performs moderate exercise 3-5 days a week
- 1.55 points for a moderately active person who performs moderate exercise 3–5 days a wee
- 1.725 points for a very active person who exercises hard 6–7 days a week
- 1.9 points for an extra active person who either has a physically demanding job or has a particularly challenging exercise routine
Once you have allocated your daily activity score, your formula will then look like this:
- BMR x daily activity level = calories per day
Once you are aware of the number of calories you burn a day, you can put in motion a necessary training and nutrition plan to achieve your fitness goals. Physique Academy will work with you to understand your objectives to provide optimal guidance and advice for you to reach the lifestyle you want to live.
We will take your training to the next level. We will measure your daily calories, calculate and create the ultimate training programme to ensure you burn the ideal number of calories for your weight loss.
We will provide expert nutrition advice and create the perfect balance of food and training for you to achieve your goals.
We will be there every step of the way to ensure you focus on your goals. Your training and nutrition plans are all set up, now it’s time for you (with Physique Academy) to alter your mindset and dedicate yourself to the cause.